Used for venting two kilns up to 20 cubic feet total.
- Includes Motor and Housing
- 4 ft. length of 2 diameter high temperature hose
- cast aluminum collection cups with spring loaded and threaded pedestal
- instruction manual
- kiln safety manual
- ¼ drill bit
- vent cap
- samples of Orton Self-supporting pyrometric cones
- Cones and Firing pamphlet
Orton's all new universal "Vent Master" utilizes patented "down-draft" technology. Since it can be used on virtually any kiln up to 20 cu.ft., vent selection is all but eliminated. The blower motor is no longer attached to the kiln or stand which serves to protect the blower from the harsh, corrosive kiln environment while eliminating transferred blower vibration to the kiln. The “Vent Master” can also vent 2 kilns simultaneously with the addition of a collection package - a cost saving alternative to 2 separate vent systems, with the added benefit of having no troublesome dampers to adjust.
Without kiln ventilation, carbon monoxide can exceed allowable levels resulting in headaches and fatigue. Potentially hazardous metal fumes can also be a problem at elevated temperatures, depending on the clay, glaze or decorating materials being used.
Provide Air for Best Firings
Oxygen is needed for most firings to obtain the best fired results - for cleaner colors and proper glaze and body development.
Improve Temperature Uniformity
Properly designed, the vent system can reduce temperature gradients from top to bottom and eliminate local hot and cold spots.
Reduce Cool Down Times
Air Pulled from the kiln can shorten cool down time.
Downdraft ventilation methods like the patented Orton Vent Master draws a small amount of air into and through the kiln, collecting fumes and odors while improving firing conditions.
How It Works:
- small holes in the kiln lid permit air to enter
- air is drawn into the kiln and distributed throughout
- fumes and odors leave the kiln while air is pulled through holes in the bottom of kiln
- collected fumes and odors are diluted with room air and pulled through vent chamber by blower
- air and fumes are discharged through flexible aluminum ducting
- air can be vented outdoors through residential dryer exhaust duct
No gases escape through peepholes or kiln lid - fumes never enter kiln room !
Click here for the installation/instruction manual.