Includes lid safety switch which turns off power to the heating elements when the lid is raised. The controller remains powered. The switch turns the power to the elements back on when the lid is closed.
Paragon Fusion-7 Glass Fusing Kiln
Paragon’s new Fusion-series digital hot glass kilns are packed with exciting features. They come in 6, 7, 8 and 10-sided versions. The Fusion-7 is the 7-sided version.
The digital Sentry Xpress 3 key controller comes standard on all Fusion-series kilns. Control both heating and cooling with simple 3-key operation.
The Fusion-7 offers the convenience of 120 volt operation.The Fusion-series lid elements use a new element groove that eliminates element pins. The element coils are wider than the groove opening, so the elements stay in place without pins.
A heavy galvanized steel base covers the reversible brick bottom completely. It folds up under the stainless case on all sides to strengthen the firing chamber. This is one more assurance that your Paragon kiln is built to last.
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Non-Ceramic Paragon Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
Features of the Fusion-7
- Digital Sentry Xpress with 8 Segment Ramp-Hold, Skip Segment & Program Review
- Heating elements in top of all models
- Element groove that eliminates element pins
- ¼” heavy duty sheathed Type-K thermocouple
- 2 ½” insulating refractory firebrick in walls and bottom; 3” firebrick lid
- Lock-in lid support
- Full-formed galvanized steel base
- Louvered switch box, heavy duty wiring
- Tapered peephole with plug for a wide view
The Fusion-7 can now ship by UPS. Enjoy lower shipping cost and faster service. Specially designed cartons and foam padding assure that the kiln will arrive safely.
The Fusion-7 & GF-7B Furniture Kit
Glass must be fired on a ceramic shelf; never directly on the kiln firing chamber bottom.
1 - C-13 - 13” Round Shelf
4 - 1” wide Square Posts, ½” long
1 lb. Bag Glass Separator