The digital SC-2 kiln fires silver clay, decals, china paint, enameling, and glass in minutes up to 2000°F. The SC-2 is popular with seminar teachers because it fires fast, plugs into a standard 120 volt household outlet and ships by courier.For a digital kiln, the SC-2 is surprisingly affordable. It fires automatically at the rate and temperature you enter. A large, brightly lit display prompts for firing rate, temperature and hold time. Use the hold feature to automatically soak any type of clay silver to its recommended time.
The high-tech ceramic fiber firing chamber is wrapped in a steel inner case. The outer steel case remains cool due to the layer of air between it and the inner case. In addition, the case is slotted for air circulation. Electrical components, located in the base, stay cool even at extended hold times.
The fast-firing element is embedded in the firing chamber shell. The SC-2 heats from the sides and back. Each SC-2 includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf.
- On/off toggle switch
- Built-in base; no extra stand needed
- Door opens 180 degrees for easy loading
- The case is slotted for air circulation.
- Electrical components in the base stay cool even at extended hold times.
- The embedded element heats from the two sides for improved heat distribution.
- Top vent complete with tapered plug for lost wax casting
- Includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf
- Optional SC-2 glass view port
- Optional 6 1/2” wide bead door with mandrel holder
- Colorful 28-page kiln instruction manual (In addition, the kiln also comes with a separate controller manual.)
The reliable Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Non-Ceramic Paragon Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual (separate from the kiln manual).