The digital SC-2 Pro fires silver clay, decals, china paint, enameling, and glass in minutes up to 2000°F. The SC-2 Pro fires fast, plugs into a standard 120 volt household outlet and ships by courier.
The sleek SC-2 Pro has the same ceramic fiber firing chamber as the standard SC-2. In addition, the SC-2 Pro features a brushed stainless steel door with an easy-to-open 9” long wooden handle. The door opens and closes gently with an adjustable, spring-loaded catch on the bottom. The control panel is sloped for easy viewing and operation of the controller. The doors on both kilns open 180 degrees to give you full access to the interior. The SC-2 Pro also has an easy-access back panel for quick maintenance.
The SC-2 Pro fires automatically at the rate and temperature you enter. A large, brightly lit digital display prompts for firing rate, temperature and hold time. Use the hold feature to automatically soak any type of clay to its recommended time.
The high-tech ceramic fiber firing chamber is wrapped in a steel inner case. The outer steel case remains cool due to the layer of air between it and the inner case. In addition, the case is slotted for air circulation. Electrical components, located in the base, stay cool even at extended hold times.
The fast-firing element is embedded in the firing chamber shell. The SC-2 Pro heats from the sides and back. Each SC-2 Pro includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf.
SC-2 Pro Features
- On/off switch
- Solid state relay
- Mechanical safety relay
- Door opens 180 degrees for easy loading
- Slotted case for air circulation.
- Electrical components in the base stay cool even at extended hold times.
- The embedded side elements for improved heat distribution
- Top vent complete with tapered plug for lost wax casting
- Includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf
- Power cord located out of the way at the back of the SC-2 Pro cabinet.
- Optional SC-2 Pro glass view port
- Optional 6 1/2” wide bead door with mandrel holder
- Printed 28-page kiln instruction manual
- Printed 16-page Sentry Xpress temperature controller manual
The reliable Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the quick and simple Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program before a firing.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual (separate from the kiln manual). Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
- Handy Quick Start Guide
Disclaimer: The specifications above assume that the kiln will be plugged into a dedicated circuit. Local electric codes supersede our recommendations.
The pricing and electrical specifications for the above products reflect their design for use in the United States. The International versions of most models will have variations in electrical specifications and price due to consumer safety requirements or electrical regulations.Price includes changes and inspection costs to meet Canadian electrical standards if applicable.