Includes a CSA-specified door safety switch, not featured on the standard model. The switch cuts power when the lid is opened, eliminating the possibility of electrical shock.
The Xpress-Q-11A fires rapidly to 2350F. Create breathtaking jewelry or small keepsakes using almost any medium you can imagine: silver clay, enameling, china painting, glass, lost wax casting, ceramics, stoneware, and porcelain. Since the kiln opens from the front instead of the top, it is ideal for copper enameling. The Xpress-Q-11A is a true multipurpose kiln.
The Xpress-Q-11A comes with the Sentry Xpress digital controller, which is mounted in the kiln base (instead of a side switch box) to save table space. The front control panel is tilted for easy operation.
The Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes Cone-Fire and 8-segment Ramp-Hold modes. (Note: Ramp-Hold and Cone-Fire on the Sentry Xpress do not include some of the advanced features of the 12-key Sentry 2.0.)
- Fire to a pyrometric cone by merely entering cone number and slow, medium or fast speed.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Set a temperature alarm to remind yourself to close a vented lid.
- Design Ramp-Hold programs with up to 8 segments (steps).
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Cone-Fire and Ramp-Hold.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Add hold time in Ramp-Hold during firing.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing.
- Temperature Display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
A 1/2” hole is stamped into the steel door case and includes a brushed stainless steel cover. The firebrick behind the hole has been left undrilled so that you can drill it to the exact size that you need for a peephole, vent hole, or extra pyrometer hole. (Most people do not need the hole and leave the firebrick undrilled.)
The Xpress-Q-11A heating element, exposed in dropped, recessed insulating firebrick grooves, is easy to replace. The 2 1/2” thick firebricks store plenty of heat for slow cooling through the glass annealing range. For small glass pieces such as jewelry, you can anneal without having to turn the elements back on during cooling. (Extra heat is necessary for annealing large pieces, however.)
Unlatch and open the door with one hand. No extra stand is needed; the built-in base stays cool during operation.
The Xpress-Q11A can ship by UPS. Enjoy lower shipping cost and faster service. Specially designed cartons and foam padding assure that the kiln will arrive safely.
Paragon kilns are built to be dependable. They are loaded with attention to details, such as the costly nickel-plated copper wire with high temperature glass-braided insulation. Wires are fastened to the elements with heat-dissipating connectors refined and proven over many years in Paragon kilns.